Monday, June 27, 2016

Monday, June 27, 2016

Days here are a strange mixture of paradise and boredom. I want a social life –my best friends are a four-year-old and a six-year-old –but there is also so much peace found here with nothing to do. Today I grocery shopped, and I took my time. There was no rush. I am so accustomed to feeling the need to rush and get on with my day, but I need to remind myself to relax. What is so pressing that I must hurry? Nothing.
Yesterday I attended a new church. Since I arrived in Ontario, Canada, exactly a week ago yesterday I have been praying to make friends. I specifically prayed for a girl to take me under her wing and introduce me to everyone, make me feel welcome.
And God provided. He provided everything so specifically it is amazing. I met a large portion of the congregation yesterday. I was shown around. I had people to sit with.
During service it was announced that the annual barbeque and pig roast was to take place later that day. However, I knew I had no way to get there and prepared myself to return to a house that would soon be quiet, and spend the rest of my evening alone as my Canadian family traveled to a wedding several hours away. They were to return late that night and had offered me to come, but I had passed.
But as I made myself lunch after church I received a text from the girl who was an answer to my prayers. She offered me a ride to the barbeque.
God knows what we need. What I needed was to meet several dozen strangers, eat good food, play water balloon toss and not return home until almost sunset. And He provided. 

No comments:

Post a Comment