Monday, June 27, 2016

Saturday, June 25, 2016

They live on the Georgian Bay, and the sunsets are unreal. My first night here I witnessed the most beautiful sunset I’ve ever seen. It was breathtaking. Since then sunset has become my favorite time of day. I sit at the end of the dock and wait for the sky to turn to shades of pink, the endless water a line of blue.
The kids love to play in the water. Ben, the four-year-old, and I spent several hours the other day filling his Tonka trucks with mud and then emptying them into the cool water, a contrast to the humid air. The Bay is also oddly filled with golf balls and we searched endlessly for them, Ben immediately throwing them back into the water once I handed them to him.
Mirabelle, who is six, likes to hunt for frogs and bugs and insects. We went frog hunting and found one the size of my fingernail. She was on cloud nine.
The days pass leisurely, filled with keeping the kids occupied and trying not to be too excited about bagged milk. I’m working on my Canadian accent. Maybe someday I’ll perfect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment